Other things that we happen to stock up a lot in our houses are newspapers and magazines.
Picked up at the Sky-train stations, in the morning, they find their way home in our bags or purses with the excuse to be read later in the evening. This is how you can upcycle those newspapers and magazines and convert them into beautiful accessories for yourself.
Materials I used:
- Liquid paper glue
- Clear nail polish
- Cut up various lengths of strips from the colourful magazines and newspapers, tapered at one end (You’ll end up with various sized triangles)
- Place your toothpick at the broader end of the strip (triangle) and begin rolling it very tightly towards the tapered end. You’ll end up with hollow tube-like beads, except they will be wider in the center.
- Apply just a spot of glue on the tapered end and stick it to the wide belly of the bead.
- Repeat process to make all your beads.
- Finally when you’re done, apply 2 coats of clear nail polish on each of your beads to make them water proof and let them dry for about 15 minutes.
Once dry, string them up to make necklaces, bracelets or earrings.
Here’s what I made: